The following are books and resources highly recommended by our team
At the Real You, we strive to bring you the most helpful resources, based on our expertise, as well as the latest research. Our team takes great pride in finding useful resources that we like for ourselves and want to share with you.
Here you will find a list of websites, books, videos, and authors who influence us on a daily basis, either in how we interact with patients or in our own lives.
The Real You is working on contributing to evidence based research through the results we see in our Program. All of our practitioners practice evidence based medicine and we use up to date research in planning and preparing the Program for the participants. We hope to use this section to provide the public with the latest medical research on preventative medicine.
- Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
- Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis
- Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman
- Women Food and God by Geneen Roth
- Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens
- Winning the Food Fight by Dr. Joey Shulman
- The Last 15 The Last 1by Dr. Joey Shulman
- Health Sin Foods by Dr. Joey Shulman
- Connected Parenting by Jennifer Kolari
- Honey, I Wrecked the Kids by Alyson Schafer
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- 56 Seconds by Sylvio (Syd) A. Gravel, M.O.M
- How to Survive PTSD and Build Peer Support by Sylvio (Syd) A. Gravel, M.O.M
- Embracing Your Potential by Terry Orlick
- How to be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving by David Richo
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Yoga for Depression by Amy Weintraub
- Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinations of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins
Other Helpful Links
Healthy Canadians – Government of Canada
The power of vulnerability | TED Talk
The power of introverts | TED Talk
Meditation Texts – Choose the one that suits your own interests.